"Limb loss is life changing regardless of the reason. But knowing that you are not alone is instrumental in the journey."
The Amputee Coalition of Toronto or ACT was established in 2017 by a group of amputees in the Toronto and GTA area.
What makes ACT unique?
An amputee’s journey is unique to themselves. We may have had similar levels of amputation, but no one is like the other. ACT is equally unique as an amputee peer support group. We promote an active lifestyle for all levels of activity. We focus on skills, comfort, and where the person is on their amputation journey. Through our meetups, we encourage and motivate each other to adopt a full life. We aspire to truly live every day without limits; demonstrating that there is life after amputation.
The Amputee Coalition of Toronto has the following missions:
- Hold regular social and outing events including amputee support group meetings
- Offer a one on one amputee peer support visitation program with a Certified Amputee Peer Visitor to connect amputees in the area.
- Bring awareness to limb loss and provide resources for pre and post amputee members.
- Spotlight amputees in the community who are bringing awareness to limb loss.
- Share ideas, inform, educated, share resources and advocacy in an open-forum discussion with all our members.